Thursday, November 29, 2007

totally Tubular, dude...yeah, I mean You...YouTube, that is

Time to get sucked into the never ending links, watching videos of all sorts, forgetting where you are, and certainly where you meant to be.

As we all know, TVs and similar moving lighted things (like candles and campfires) can be completely hypnotic, so proceed with caution. Also, don't sit too close or your mom will yell at you (this applies to the flaming stuff too, mom's are picky).

I did the assignment searches and watched library pacman and Library: the movie plus a couple of bookcart drill teams, one in competition and one demonstrating for co-workers . That was all well and good, then I searched for the KRL one, which I won't link so others can find it themselves--it isn't too hard for people who do database searching as part of our jobs...but I don't want to give anything away. Finally, for the work-related stuff--here's a link to a catalog searching tutorial (not our system, but I'm doing homework here...).

Now for the fun stuff. I looked at some knitting related videos, both fun and instructional types (for those of you beginner knitters--or even wannabe knitters that we haven't already been tutoring--there's some pretty good how-to if you can't remember and there's no real live knitter [RLK?] to ask).

So, without further ado (if you want more ado it'll cost ya)...A Cautionary Tale:

And, if you aren't too scared to knit after that one (I figure it's just a matter of wrong time, wrong place...but maybe I'll add a parachute to my knitting bag) here's a quick demonstration of knitting backwards--it really works, this isn't a camera trick:

And now that I've given you yet more time-sucking screen-time (albeit entertaining and educational), back into the hole

1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

i wouldn't know knitting backwards from knitting sideways, but i never knew it was such a risk endeavor, either.

bc