Monday, January 28, 2008

Halle-freakin'-lujah...and nanny, nanny, boo, boo

Done, da-done, done, done..... I finished my homework and I am SOOOOO 2.0. OK, so now I am free to post whatever and have no inspiration at all.

2.0 was good as a learning process. A whole bunch of it I will never use again--in fact at some point soon I will be deleting a few of those accounts that I had to create--but some of it will stay with me.

Blogging is kinda fun and I've been encouraged to keep doing it, but don't hold your breath waiting for posts. I did promise a couple people (hey, my friends think I'm funny--and I don't just mean looking) that if I win the laptop, then I'll keep blogging. (This is an open invitation to pull strings for the winner if you really want to keep reading my mind-dumps into the computer.)

I'll leave my delicious account so that I can have portable bookmarks (sorry, 'favorites' for the evil M-pire types...I miss Netscape). Podcasts may get more use once I get my 'prize' and figure out how to use the dingdang gadget. I'll probably keep my RSS reader too, but I think I'll be cleaning out what I'm subscribed to after the party. The 'sites for students' stuff could come in handy at some point, so I'll try to keep track of my password.

Flickr, LibraryThing, YouTube and Wikis will probably have occasional visits from me for reference purposes. I could care less about Facebook, and Twitter will be dropped like a hot potato. And, of course, last but not least...Sharepoint will obviously become part of my work life.

So there's my summary of life in 2.0-land. I'm glad I know more about what's out there...and I'm really glad I can OPT OUT of most of it and continue on with my happy, non-social-networked, low-tech life. Thank goodness for free will and continuing on oblivious to 'what the kids are doing these days'.

No promises of how often, but posting again is not totally out of the question. For now, though, I'm back to my cozy hole.

5 comments:

krl2pt0 said...

Dear UD (or Dweller Undergroud, as i once saw it):

congratulations!

i hope you do keep blogging after you return to kayaking, knitting and the rest of your non-social-networked, low-tech life.

even though much of it may not be your cuppa...you took on learning something new with gusto and wit.

i truly appreciate your efforts.

bc

Constance said...

I think Hell probably has a Twitter feed. That's just my two cents... :)

But not to be totally negative I did like some of those other krl2pt0 things, and others will be useful to know in case anyone ever asks me to explain them. At least I will be in the 21st century.

Congrats on finishing. I really enjoyed your take on things.

Knots said...

Ha, ha, funny looking :) So you're dropping a delicious hot potato filled with fowl? I hope you get the laptop - reading your rants is fun and gives my ears a rest from the live ones ;)

Underground Dweller said...

Just so you know, the above post is at very least spam and potentially a scam. Don't click the link--that's what they want. I only left it up as an example to warn people what som of this stuff looks like.

Underground Dweller said...

some would be the word I meant to type (proofreading before hitting the button might be worthwile, but I'm just crazy like that)