Wednesday, February 6, 2008

a real blog and the M-pire strikes again

I just have to brag that this must be a real blog now. Not only did the Zoho people sort of stalk me to comment on my blog post about their pretty awesome resources, but now I've gotten a scam-spam comment. That must make it a real blog, 'cause it's showin' up on someone's radar.

I especially like how the spam pretends to know me, but the best part is...if you're making good money working from home, why are you running off to the airport? Do not follow the link! I would just dump the comment, but in case anyone can benefit from the warning I'll leave it. People who are more social than I am may have trouble remembering just who they've met, thus the pretending to know me part. See--there's safety in limiting your contact with the outside world.

I also just had to point out that the evil M-pire's hostile bid to grab up a certain internet biggee that starts with a Ya and ends in hoo has had the imperial march running through my head all week (that's the music that plays when Darth Vadar walks in...pretty much the look out here comes the big bad guy music). The rebel forces will have to have an uprising. Where's Obi Wan when you need him (OK, I know he's dead, but that hasn't stopped cameos and ghostly advice in the past--maybe he could pop into Yahoodquarters with some wisdom about The Force).

On that hopeful note, back in the hole.

2 comments:

the way I see it said...

I got comment-stalked by J0bster after reviewing their site! I learned too late to substitute zeros and @ signs for letters to fool whatever bot they use to scan for mentions of themselves.

Constance said...

Blogger Beware! I got the exact same spam from the same person, who claims she met me, has to run for the airport yadayada. Wonder what word search she did that made our blogs appear on her radar? I deleted the comment on my blog, not thinking about leaving a Blogger Beware message--so thanks!