Tuesday, October 16, 2007

out of the hole, onto the water


So, as previously stated, I'm into things that are incompatible with computers and high tech gadgets in general. For instance: this is the kayak I launched Sunday. While I could put computer bits into it...what would be the point. And why in the world would I be surfing the web when I could be doing this.

I will give credit to computers though, the kit was designed on CADD (computer aided drafting/design) software and the panels were cut using CNC (no idea what it stands for, but its some kind of computery cutting control). That's great. As to the construction the only high tech power tools I used were a trouble light and a shop vac. Maybe I should count the kerosene heater. Otherwise everything was hand tools--no cords, no batteries, no reboots.

Ah, back in the hole now.

2 comments:

Luna said...

Amen to living in a world that is not virtual! While technology is a wonderful tool, it has become more of a lifestyle than might be healthy. How much understanding we miss without face to face interaction... I remember when reading body language was as important as the spoken word. There is much to be said for using the body - not just the fingers.
My sister believes that eventually humans will become nothing more than blobs with a head - morphing because we no longer use our bodies. Looking at the population, I believe she may just have something... Love the pics!

ShockValue said...

Sometimes I wonder if the human race has backed itself into a corner with our dependence on technology. At least you know you could cross the bay to borrow some eggs if the apocalypse came and all our computers stopped connecting to myspace.